Serving as a landlord for your own rental properties is never easy. The experience ranges from tedious to difficult to - for those who live at a distance - impossible. By providing a comprehensive program with a single point of contact, Weichert, RealtorsÃ?Â® On The Gulf can immediately lift that burden from you.
You might be an experienced landlord who needs to free up some time. Or maybe you're new to the task and not sure what you've gotten yourself into. Either way, the smart answer is to turn to Weichert. We not only perform all the jobs you require, we respond to your individual needs with a program that we can personalize for your single or multi-family home, apartment complex, condo or townhouse.
Of course, some landlords choose to perform the management services themselves, and that's fine, too. You can contract with Weichert for all of our services or for just the non-management or property management services listed below.
Before the Rental (Non-management Services)
- Help you budget for both operations and capital improvements.
- Assist you in establishing fair rental market value of each rental unit.
- Prepare an exclusive rental listing agreement.
- Advertise, show, and otherwise market your rental(s) in order to obtain prospective tenants.
- Acquire the designated deposit (generally equal to one month's rent) from your applicants.
- Verify employment information, past landlord history and perform credit and back round check(s) for all prospective tenants.
- Review all processed applications and assist you in determining the acceptability of each applicant.
- Prepare a legally standard approved lease for signature by your tenant(s).
Once a tenant moves in (Property Management Services)
- Collect monthly rental payments.
- Make all authorized disbursements on your behalf. (These may include 1st and 2nd trust payments, insurance, taxes, Condo fees, HOA dues, maintenance and repairs.)
- Submit a monthly computerized statement to you.
- Complete an end-of-year form 1099 for federal income tax purposes.
- Act as a point of contact for your tenant(s) on all matters, including 24-hour accessibility for emergency services; arrange for appropriate repairs as authorized by you.
- Remind tenants of their responsibilities, where appropriate, such as cleaning gutters, checking smoke detectors and taking precautions to avoid frozen pipes.
- Conduct a condition inspection after a tenant moves out.
Please Contact Rental Division of Weichert, Realtors On The Gulf at (239)597-9003 for additional information.